Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Long Weekend Ahead for Knitting, etc.


Hurrah! Yahoo!

I'm taking two days vacation and looking forward to a long weekend. Shame it's going to be cold and rainy! I'll have to stay inside and knit! Last week I finished my first two entrelac projects--headscarves that tie at the back of the head--the pattern, Quant, is free on Knitty.com. And, it's not as difficult as it looks--but it makes use of self patterning yarn, so there's no changing colors or weaving in, etc. The yarn was Taos--100% wool--and frankly, I will never choose to use it again (except to finish something with the ball that's still in my stash!!). It splits; it tears; it's horribly difficult to frog. But then, I'm used to alpaca!!

Now it's time to start a bigger project--the project I've had in mind since I first bought Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Knitting--the Kaleidoscope wrap! Don't tell anyone, but I placed the order for yarn online today--I really needed this yarn--for Pete's sake! Can't wait to try the Noro Silk Garden. It's also self-patterning--a blend of kid mohair and lambs wool. It earns a high rating on Ravelry.

But I'm promising myself--no starting the wrap until I finish the sweater I started knitting for myself before the Christmas Thanksgiving holiday--too many things to knit for other folks and for bazaars, etc. The sweater is a lucious blue alpaca, and it is really so close to done--back, one front, sleeves, a second front almost done. But my office is cold all year round, so even if I don't get it finished before spring comes, it won't matter.

My third entrelac project will be the Annelac socks--bought that pattern yesterday with no specific yarn in mind (except for the lucious alpaca that my brother has for sale . . . . maybe I can sneak into his stash for these!) Maybe I should finish, ummmm--let's see: sweater for daughter; socks for me; socks for friend; baby hats for the birthing center; felted bag--half knit; vest for granddaughter; quilt for brother; wall hanging for me; baby quilt for church; felted bag--barely started . . . . ).

And I'm looking forward to my first venture into dyeing . . .

So little time. . . so much to do!!!

No comments: